Thanks to the Recycling Challenge hosted by Waste Management (WM), eight Crown Hill/Greenwood charities or community organizations will be awarded $5000 each. Deadline to apply is September 16.
Last fall the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) agreed to be the community partner with Waste Management. They will be facilitating the grant process but all eligible applicants will be selecting the recipients.
To be eligible, recipients must be:
1. A registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a community group with a current (pre-existing) fiscal sponsor
2. Serving all or part of the Greenwood/Crown Hill– Waste Management’s Wednesday North Service area (ie garbage pick-up is Wed).
3. A program or project already in progress or at least “shovel ready”
4. Able to spend the grant by July 1, 2014
5. Participate in the selection committee and attend two meetings (Sept 26 and Oct 10) .
Contact Ann Bowden firstname.lastname@example.org